DevOps – The Plug-in for Digital Transformation
One of the most important learning of 2017 for us has been that lot of companies are looking at automating slow and cumbersome processes within their ecosystem. Organizations, sure have embraced the cloud computing option to improve the speed and efficiency of their processes and achieve economies of scale. However the best benefits of the new fabric are realized when companies are able to leverage the greater flexibility that technology provides (as against operating as functional silos).
While redesigning the IT architecture for speedy delivery of products and services is essential, it is equally important to harmonize the culture, process and hierarchy of the system to improve operational efficiency and improve market position.
The primary reason why companies are challenged with some of the older systems is that these systems / processes are still essential for some mission-critical needs.
Companies now understand that the cloud platform provides them several options to develop, test and deploy new applications and services faster as against the traditional development models in which the flow is downhill and phase dependent.
DevOps is a newly evolved concept that breaks the barriers between development and operations. It enables shorter cycles of software development and reduced the deployment time. While there are several DevOps, tools in the market, CIOs must analyze their systems and processes, have a complete buy-in of their technology teams, and choose the best-suited strategy and tools.
The best way to go about implementing a DevOps strategy is to conduct pilots with important but non-business critical functions through iterative cycles of develop, deploy, learn. That way companies will be able to figure out the best fit for their ecosystem.
Upon successful completion of pilots, DevOps can be scaled to business critical functions. It is important to adopt a robust DevOps and operational automation strategy and implementation to ensure repeatable and reliable deployment pipeline processes.
Below are the top benefits of DevOps
- Quicker Releases – By deploying DevOps, companies can release smaller updates and more frequently
- Automation Capabilities – DevOps enables you to automate time consuming and mundane tasks
- Simplify IT – By using a combination of Cloud and DevOps, companies can provision their environments using templates
- Easier Testing — DevOps empowers companies to test their applications easily and quickly
- Infrastructure Management Support – DevOps simplifies the process of Infrastructure management
- Promotes Collaboration — Development and operations teams can leverage many tools to work together and deliver consistent results
ComTec is a specialized software development, cloud and DevOps solutions provider. Our sweet spot is being able to do everything from soup to nuts for customers. We are vendor agnostic and can work with all reputed DevOps tools. If you wish to know more about our services, contact us right away.